Just settled into the new place. It's a stand alone building and I live above a barn (my downstairs "neighbors" are sheep and a donkey) near the mosque in the center of town. I have the floor to myself and a roof to myself which is really nice. The house is a little bigger than I would have wanted -I have my bedroom, a salon, two extra rooms, a kitchen, and a "bathroom" ie. squat toilet under the steps to my roof lol there is also a big open space in the middle of my house that connects the rooms to each other with an opening to the roof. I have electricity and one faucet for running water which is really great. I don't have a hot water heater or a shower though. I also don't have central heat, apparently the winters are pretty brutal and you can either get an inferno and have a fire going or use a propane tank with a screen on it to heat up a room. I think I'm going to search out an electric heater because both of those options scare me lol Overall though I'm loving living alone so far. I can do whatever I want, eat when I want, sleep when I want, decide when I interact with people, take a shower, watch tv from America. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do, but I think after 3 months of homestay and having control of nothing in my life I really appreciate having my freedom!
This is my front door - to the left is the door to my bedroom and to the right in the stairs to my roof and where the pink shower curtain is is my bathroom
"foyer" area - the open door is my kitchen, the closed door is my salon, then there are two more rooms to the right that aren't pictured. also check out the roof opening, its sweet when it rains
My kitchen
Fridge that I spent more than half of my living allowance on, but check out the terps magnet and old bay - maryland represent!
My bedroom, literally a room for my bed lol
my creepy bathroom that is located under the steps to my roof and my one faucet lol but its running water AND the water is FREE!
Stairs to my roof
view from my roof
another view from my roof
also here is something random, i dyed my hair with henna and beet juice and its so red now! it looks really cool. the picture below doesn't do it much justice, but you can see theres some red in there.
and this doesnt really go with anything but is a cool picture from fes.
and this doesnt really go with anything but is a cool picture from fes.
Bab boujloud
That's all for now, in August Ramadan starts and I'm fasting...or at least trying my best. keep everyone posted on how that goes lol we all know my love/admiration for food.
Old Bay!! :)
ReplyDeleteI wanna see your hair!
ReplyDeleteI added a picture of my hair but i couldnt get a good shot of it - but you can kind of see the red in there
ReplyDeleteYour place is awesome! I love the walls and floors, but the bathroom might creep me out a little ;-)
ReplyDeletennneeeaaat! a roof view! i would love living in my own house, that sounds nice. and what kind of food are you going to make yourself? can you buy like, mac and cheese, or do you know some good Moroccan recipes? i couldn't tell, was that a stove in your kitchen? is this your permanent place now for the rest of your time?
ReplyDelete