So this is it - Finished with training, moved out of the village and on Wednesday we're being sworn in as official Peace Corps Volunteers. I can't believe its been 2 months already. This post is dedicated to Idelssane and all it's glory.
Funny Stuff:
Funny Stuff:
- Alex tried explaining that we were learning 'god phrases' in class, but some how he communicated "god is cooking me" in Darija to someone's host dad
- A taxi driver clearly only had two empty seats in his already overstuffed car and tried to convince us that 6 people could fit inside
- My host grandma is completely blind and would walk around the house with burning palms - like actual fire
- My host sister bought hello kitty pj's (AMAZING) and I tried to explain to her what hello kitty is and that we have it in America, but I told her the translation for hello kitty was 'peace cat' - she was really confused
- To get through training Gussie, Alex, Conor and I started an epic game of euchre, but we have also all become addicted to solitaire on our cell phones. One day we were bored after lunch and started playing cards on our phones separately - and about 20 minutes later someone was like "do you all want to play cards....together?" It was one of those moments you felt like you were losing your mind lol
- The first successful interaction I had with my host pops was him explaining to me how tablecloths protect tables
Here are some pictures:
My host family and I
Me and Habiba's cousins
Habiba and I - note the hello kitty pj's lol
Byeeee Idelssane :(
So on Thursday morning I'm heading up north to my final site!!! WOOOO!
So proud of you. Have a safe trip to your new village. xoxoxox
ReplyDelete