This is what I'll be doing (from the Peace Corps website)
The Environment sector assists local communities and the Department of Water and Forests to translate country development plans into community-level actions. Environment Volunteers work in teams with local partners and Water and Forests Department personnel to promote environmental education curricula in rural schools and protected areas' information centers. Additionally, they expand the communities' capacity to improve environmental quality, and thereby motivate the public to be more environmentally-conscious and make responsible and balanced decisions in order to protect the environment.
- Also, here are some facts about Morocco.
- Population Average 31 million
- Program Dates 1963-
- Number of Volunteers 289
- Total Volunteers to Date 4,316
- Languages Spoken Arabic, French, Tamazight, Tashelheet
- Today volunteers work in the following sectors: youth development, small business development, health and environment.
Hopefully this helps put into context what I'll be doing and where I'll be!
No comments:
Post a Comment