So my last month of homestay is coming to an end and I am FINALLY going to feel like an adult again and live in my own apartment – move in day is July 1st! It’s not very glamorous, but it will be MINE and that’s all I care about (apartment photos to come).On the fourth of July I will LITERALLY be celebrating my independence. Anyhoo, in the past month I’ve spent my time hanging out with my host sister and mom and visiting their family that’s close by. Photos below of our hike to the waterfall at my site, as well photos from the village where my host mom grew up. We stayed there for 4 days and there was no electricity or running water BUT there were A LOT of fruit trees (especially plum trees) so we just ate fruit all day and hiked around – not too shabby. This experience has definitely helped me appreciate the little things – at this point I can entertain myself by doing the lamest things ever – like watching geckos walk on a wall. wooo?
Hi friend!
Mirium and I (my new host sis)
Host mom with some apricots
Waterfallllllll
Flip flop hiking
Pear tree!
Mirium picking some lettuce
Mountain
lma
Part of my village from the mountain, you can see my house near the mosque!
zweeeen
The river by my house
TESTUDO!!!
happy move-in day and happy 4th of july!!! love the pictures. wanna see the new bachelorette pad! MISS YOU KRISTIN <3
ReplyDeleteSo, so beautiful! Be good! I've updated Lynn's blog b/c she can't do it herself. Maybe you can check it out...she misses you & is writing you.
ReplyDeleteShe can check email sometimes & FB.
Lynn's blog:
http://lynnbrownpcvmada.blogspot.com/